17/05/2012

Curves Boutique



Curves Boutique markets its garments via Facebook page. They sell mostly dresses and most of the designs are actually designers inspired piece.


Here is the link to their FB page if you are interested --> Curves Boutique


Here are also some info about them that you will want to know:-


Location: Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Postage : RM9 (uses poslaju), 5 pieces and above - free
Contact : Email or SMS
Updates : New designs every week


The average selling price is from RM69. However, they have 2 prices, online price and normal price. 


See? Online specials and Normal Price. 


Consumers, think now. 


What do they mean by normal price? Do they own a boutique shop somewhere? If yes, why is it that me, as a walk in customer needs to pay more? I pay for my petrol to get there, I pay for parking, I spend time to get there, I walk in (energy consuming assuming I am wearing heels) and eco-friendly wise, I do not request for a bag. 


Now online shoppers get cheaper rate. For online transaction, purchase of less than 5 pieces, I still bear my own delivery charges. If the dress I buy is RM69 + RM9 (delivery) = RM78. That is still considered expensive. 


First Rule : Never buy a dress (including postage) that costs you more than RM75. They are not designer clothes, they are copycats of designer clothes. You chip in another RM50, that will be RM128 and you can get a decent Topshop or Zara dress. Even so, I am sure your normal boutique walk in shops will cost you probably the same and you can try it on and feel the fabric.


Do not be fooled by thinking you get a good deal by buying online. It is not! The normal price stated is to make you think you are getting a good deal. Cheaper to buy online man! Sorry girl, you've just help them fatten their account.


Second Rule : Postage should be free for purchase of 3 pieces and above. Seriously, 5 pieces is a bit too much. If you want to save on postage and bought 5 pieces, wrong math girl, wrong math. DO NOT FALL FOR IT! By the time you pay for that 5 dresses, it will be a total of RM345 (assuming all dresses are RM69 each)! Well unless you are sure that the quality is good, it is better not to risk and buy 5 pieces just for free postage. Other online shops have better deals, trust me.


Here is one of the dresses Curves boutique is selling,

Curves Boutique - RM70
and here is the same exact piece from another blogshop called Attire Attic (review on them is coming up soon!)
Attire Attic - RM59
 See the difference? RM59 and RM70. Hmmmm...you do the math.

Curves Boutique - RM70

Doublewoot - RM72

IIvory Couture - RM70
Same piece of dress, both selling at RM70 and one selling at RM72. Do note however that the postage services they offer will affect the quality of your purchase. For eg, if Doublewoot (RM72) is giving free postage while the other two are not, then of course, the cheapest deal will be to buy it from Doublewoot. RM2 for poslaju! Hella of deal!


In general, Curves Boutique do have nice dresses but not special as I have seen other shops selling it at a cheaper price. Well,  I hope you enjoy reading this and let me know if you bought from them before! I will like to hear your feedback!


I will review the other online shops soon. As you can see above, Attire Attic, Doublewoot and IIvory Couture. Don't miss it!



8 comments:

  1. Nice. Love to see more comparison :)
    Looking forward to your next blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a very bad experience with Curves Boutique. Bad service and threaten to return my money. I will never never buy from Curves Boutique again. No time to reply my message whether my parcel was sent but had time to argue with me. The worst online store I have ever experienced. Finally the parcel arrived and I found the quality is average. Workmanship not so nice. Doublewoot is much better. Cheaper, better quality and tip top service. I have bought more than 10 pieces from Doublewoot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my fair share of bad experience with Curves Boutique. Very bad and unprofessional customer service I must say. I posted an enquiry and was bluntly told to refer to the description. They only up their service level when you purchase from them. They responded efficiently with my order details and of course not forgetting to remind you to pay asap. Voila! once payment is made, their unprofessional manner resurfaced. When I try to follow up with them on the delivery status, they keep telling me tomorrow tomorrow and tomorrow. Until today I have yet to receive any confirmation from them despite paying them on time. I swear I will never ever buy from Curves Boutique anymore. Enough is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't buy from Curves Boutique. Truly unethical.

    1) They never refunded or even bothered to help with my playsuit issue, which had a split zip from the first time I wore it. Reason being they said the time for refund is over, eventhough I highlighted to them I never wore the suit before the day. Ok, fair enough.

    2) During their recent sales, I bought some clothes from them which seemed to keep being out of stock. So, I gave them a selection of clothes which I was hoping would not be out of sizes. When the selection came up to be over my budget and I wanted to cut some of it out, they said cannot - already reserved. I said ok, maybe some misunderstanding or miscommunication from my side. I'll buy all.

    3) When the clothes came, there was a defect on one of the dresses. The damn button on the dress came off as soon as I touched it and the lace was torn as soon as I tried it. I wanted to send it back to them for a refund because why should I take something that is not good quality?

    They said they checked everything already. No refund. Not even within three days. It's in their policy.

    My exact words to them:
    Forget it, Curves. You have no integrity as a business. It's not about the money, your dresses are cheap. But you just have no integrity at all. Disappointed in you.

    So peeps, if you're trying to buy from them, be glad you didn't. Just go to others as there are plenty of better online shops out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. why is it that me, as a walk in customer needs to pay more? I pay for my petrol to get there, I pay for parking, BoBoCo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg , I have already (JUST) paid them for a dress :( im kind of regret now :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg , I have already (JUST) paid them for a dress :( im kind of regret now :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. they have too many likes in Facebook now to bother much. That's what happened when business is too good to bother about small customers. Well, you may be able to guess their business now when they keep on giving out sales! I paid for my dress but last minute said no stock but they don't refund! I can only keep as credit #$&*(#^$&Q@#$ Now they say no expiry for credit but then it's not my fault. Why can't they refund? Know how to take, but duno how to return. It has been 7 months and I still can't find one tat I like! Cis!

    ReplyDelete